Let us help you achieve
your prerequisites for
Public Health accreditation!
Please contact us regarding other Accreditation services such as the Community Health Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan.
Our Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive work experience with public health agencies and FQHC’s
- Strategic planning specific to public health agencies and FQHC’s
- Knowledge of Oregon and federal public health systems
- Collaboration-focused facilitation
- Ability to establish a positive work environment
- Professional writing
- Custom document design
- Organized project coordination
- Access to health care data
- Excellent internal & external communication
- Flexibility to meet agency’s needs
- Successful, on-time project delivery
We are passionate about what you do and about what we can do to help!
“Getting to the heart of the matter.”
Sharon N. Black Consultants offers strategic planning facilitation and writing services that focus on collaboration and brainstorming among diverse participants. We emphasize participants’ creativity while simultaneously helping them to forge a strong and measurable path for their agency.
Our strategic planning process includes the following steps:
- Planning meetings
- Community data research
- A facilitated strategic planning session
- A complete strategic plan draft
- A goal/strategy measures timeline
- A separate 1-3 page Strategic Plan Brief for public distribution
We work closely with you to customize each step to the agency’s specific needs and organizational culture. Our goal is to ensure a guided, effective collaborative experience. As the client, you can choose all or some of the services we provide so that we work together with your organization as a team to create a solid, easy-to-use and measurable product. To see examples of our work, please click on the links below:
- Sample Strategic Plan Outline
- Sample Strategic Plan Table of Contents
- Useful Definitions for Strategic Planning
Staff, Board members, and leaders will:
- Participate in a well-designed and inclusive planning process.
- Contribute their knowledge and values.
- Own the strategic plan when it is complete.
The agency will:
- Have a useful strategic plan to lead them into the future.
- Have staff and Board members who are informed and have ownership of the plan.
Our Strategic Planning Team
Sharon N. Black (Shari) has teamed up with Felisa Contreras and her consulting business to provide a “turn-key” strategic planning service. Shari is the lead facilitator and Felisa is the project coordinator and lead writer.
Shari Black has 40 years of experience in Public Health and FQHC management and has worked with health organizations nation-wide. She is an accomplished health care manager, administrator, and consultant. Her areas of expertise lie in clinic and public health management and the organization of systems and people to meet an agency’s goals. View Shari’s resume.
Felisa Contreras is an organizing consultant for businesses with a talent for creating effective sustainable structures. She specializes in strategic plan writing and project coordination. View Felisa’s resume.
Our team has a record of delivering successful projects. We believe that our areas of expertise and effective internal communication and coordination will support a healthy and productive strategic planning experience. Please contact us for a conversation about how we can help you!
“Building a great tradition is more rewarding than simply having one.”