Travel Tips and Recommendations
“I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprises of its own unfolding.”
Traveling for a living can be quite exciting. But it can also be difficult. Hotels become lonely and eating alone is not a party. Add in a limited travel budget and you can end up with less than exciting travel choices.
However, I believe we can find fun around most any corner. All we have to do is look for it. So I have put together some travel suggestions for you and plan to add more of my travel finds as time goes by.
- Ann Hathaway's B & B and Garden Suites
Ann Hathaway's B & B in Ashland is quite the place for worldly conversation and personal attention. Deedie and David Runkel are the perfect innkeepers in this artistic community. I love the little sleeping room right off the living area. Let them know if you are in the area doing good community work.
586 East Main S
Ashland, OR 97520
- Excelsior Inn
Excelsior Inn in Eugene offers government rates for those with a government ID. This charming inn has large, pretty rooms and a fine dining area - Ristorante Italiano. Morning coffee is served in the hall and breakfast is offered with style.
754 east 13th Ave.
Eugene OR 97401
- La Serenata Family Mexican Restaurant
- Super Mexican in a well hidden location
- Excellent food served in large portions. Nice family setting.
302 NW Olson Rd
- The Hanson Country Inn
This is a beautiful big rural home with elegant furnishings, a warm inn keeper and great breakfast. Breakfast is served at the time you request. Rooms have private baths and sitting areas. High speed internet and lovely surroundings make this a great place to stay for work or play.
Accepted Federal travel rates.
795 SW Hanson Street
Corvallis, OR 97333
- The River Lodge and Grill
- Room without a view
- Very nice facility
- Rooms large, well decorated, with high quality amities, computer access, outdoor pool, spa and sauna, 24 hour fitness business center and beautiful conference center.
- The conference center is very well done. They have beautiful meeting rooms with a kitchen. The view of the Columbia is breathtaking.
- The hotel dinning room has a super view. The menu is limited at this time.
6 Marine Drive
Boardman, OR 97818
- The School House Retreat and Cultural Center
Looking for a beautiful place near Medford to have a meeting or teaching a class and overnight in a county setting? Try this unique old school house. Poppie, the inn keeper, will offer you great service and interesting reflections. This would also be a beautiful location for a personal event. The site and services are beautiful. Please call Poppie to make arrangements.
8448 Wagner Creek Rd
Talent, Oregon 97540
Tel (541) 535-6350
Fax (541) 535-9300
- Wilson Ranches Retreat
This beautiful Oregon ranch is owned and hosted by two of the finest folks you will ever meet, Phil and Nancy Wilson. They will make you feel like family and keep you laughing. Breakfast, horseback rides and interesting conversations fill your trip to Fossil with pleasure.
Bed & Breakfast
P.O. Box 274
16555 Butte Creek Rd.
Fossil, OR 97830
- Per Diem Rates
- U.S. General Services Administration
This site lists the government per diem rates by state. You can also download all the per diem rates in an Excel file or download the mobile app for government per diem rates.
- Inn of the White Salmon
White Salmon, WA
- Remodeled Inn in the downtown area of White Salmon
- Modern attractive rooms
- Nice Inn Keeper
- Breakfast voucher for nearby coffee shop
172 West Jewett
White Salmon, WA 98632